What Is Recreational Insurance & Do You Need It?

Illinois is a beautiful place to relax and vacation in the summertime. The agents at George Ryan Jr. Insurance Group, Inc. know that sometimes vacations can go awry when you least expect it. That’s why you need recreational insurance. 

Recreational Insurance Coverage 

There are generally four main types of recreational insurance policies that you can purchase for your property, including: 

  • Motorcycle insurance – coverage for motorcycles and motor tricycles 
  • ATV insurance – coverage for four-wheelers, dirt bikes, and other all-terrain vehicles 
  • RV insurance – coverage for fifth wheels, Class A’s, and other recreational vehicles 
  • Boat insurance – coverage for jet skis, speed boats, pontoon boats, and other watercraft 

Recreational insurance policies generally cover your liability if you’re at fault for an accident in your vehicle or boat, which is required in Illinois. Comprehensive or full coverage can also pay for damage to your property if someone else is at fault for an accident and they don’t have enough insurance to pay for the damages you incurred. 

What Happens If You Don’t Have Recreational Insurance? 

Suppose you don’t have recreational insurance and cause an accident with someone else in your RV, boat, or other vehicle. In that case, you will be financially liable for all the damages the other party incurs. This includes damage to their property, medical costs for injuries, reimbursement for lost wages, or funeral expenses if the accident resulted in someone’s death. 

At George Ryan Jr. Insurance Group, Inc., we can provide Bourbonnais, IL residents with reliable coverage for their recreational property. Our team can help you choose the right policy for your specific needs to protect your vehicles and other property if something goes wrong. Contact us now for a quote.